Formed in 2012, New-Indy is a joint venture between two family-owned companies with long histories in paper and packaging. New-Indy leverages the Kraft Group’s experience in mill operations and linerboard sales with Schwarz Partners LP’s experience as the largest open market linerboard purchaser and the country’s leading sheet feeder operator. New-Indy sets itself apart from others by offering its customers a collection of standard and innovative products to meet their business requirements for packaging and its transportation.
- New-Indy Containerboard, comprised of two recycled containerboard mills in California (Oxnard and Ontario), was the first acquisition for the JV. Together, the two mills produce 570,000 tons of linerboard and corrugating medium each year, primarily serving the west coast sheet and corrugators plants.
- Carolina Container, acquired by New-Indy in 2015, is the largest independent packaging company in the Southeastern United States with 10 plants in Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia serving all packaging needs.
- Forest Resources LLC, acquired by New-Indy in 2015, includes Hartford City Paper, Hartford City Paper Recycling and Ivex Specialty Paper. Since 1990, the Hartford City Mill in Hartford City, Ind., has been a key supplier to independent corrugators converters in the Midwest.
- Container Service Corporation, acquired by New-Indy in 2016, is a corrugated box plant headquartered in Ringgold, Ga. and conducting business with customers in more than 14 states.
- TriPAQ, Inc., acquired by New-Indy in 2016, is a second generation family owned packaging business with facilities in Santa Ana and Cerritos, Calif., Mexicali, B.C. and Tijuana, Mexico that provides a diverse mix of custom corrugated and specialty packaging capabilities.